Purple Up Book Drive - April 2021
Join the Sandhills Chapter of MOAA, The Country Book Shop, and Kiwanis Club of the Sandhills as we celebrate the Month of the Military Child!
Throughout April, community members, businesses, and organizations can make donations to the Purple Up Book Drive. All donations will be used to purchase books for participating schools that honor the military community and support the unique needs of military-connected children.
Books titles are divided by school level (Elementary, Middle, & High School) and book sets consists of three books for each school level. Schools can request a specific number of book sets for their campus. The book drive is open to all K-12 public, private, and charter schools in Moore County. If you school is not listed, please have your school administration team contact Rollie Sampson, Book Drive Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Here to Make a Book Drive Donation
- Click Here to View the Purple Up Book List
- Click Here to Download the Book Drive Flyer
Once all book set requests are filled, any remaining donations will be used to purchase "Extraordinary Military Kids: A Workbook For & About Military Children" By Megan Numbers to support K-5 students as they navigate military life and deployments. A special "Thank You" to the Kiwanis Club of the Sandhills for their commitment of $1000 towards the purchase of this book. The workbook will be distributed to school counselors at schools with high military student populations.
Participating School List:
- Sandhills Theatre Renaissance School
- Moore Montesorri
- Moore County Schools - Donations for MCS campuses will be consolidated and evenly distributed to all campuses.
- Aberdeen Elementary
- Cameron Elementary School
- Carthage Elementary School
- Crain's Creek Middle School
- Elise Middle School
- Highfalls Middle School
- McDeeds Creek Elementary School
- New Century Middle School
- North Moore High School
- The Community Learning Center at Pinckney
- Pinecrest High School
- Pinehurst Elementary School
- Robbins Elementary School
- Sandhills Elementary School
- Southern Middle School
- Southern Pines Elementary School
- Union Pines High School
- Vass Lakeview Elementary School
- West End Elementary School
- West Pine Elementary School
- West Pine Middle School
- West Moore Elementary School