Our Sandhills Chapter of MOAA is primarily a member service organization. Through the volunteer efforts of our members and their financial contributions our mission is to:
- Foster comradeship among our members by providing interesting, enriching, and informative events and activities.
- Support veterans, especially those veterans in need, and team with other organizations with whom we have common interests in supporting veterans.
- Provide services for members and their dependents and survivors in time of need.
- Serve the community by planning and hosting the annual Memorial Day service and Veterans Day ceremony and awarding scholarships to deserving high school seniors.
- Protect the rights and interests of personnel of the Uniformed Services and their dependents and survivors
- Promote the purposes and objectives of the Military Officers Association of America.
The Sandhills Chapter and National MOAA are nonpartisan organizations.
About Sandhills MOAA
The Sandhills Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) was chartered in 1979. We are one of the largest Chapter in North Carolina with a membership of currently serving, former and retired officers and surviving family members from all of the uniformed services.
As military officers we shared common bonds of service to our country, loyalty to our comrades and pride in our enlisted servicemen. Our Chapter furthers those bonds by providing opportunities for fellowship with our through socials and special events as well as community service through the Moore County Veteran Support Fund and JROTC Scholarship Program. e role in promoting legislation at the national and state level that affects prior officers and that promotes a strong national defense.